Tonight we continued our series of talks following Jesus through Mark's Gospel.
We looked at the second part of chapter 1 under the title, "The Most Powerful Man in the World!" We saw evidence that Jesus was the Sovereign Son of God as He demonstrated His authority in 3 different ways... Calling Disciples, Casting Out Demons and Curing Diseases.
Join us in the RDM Institute, Scone, next Sunday at 7pm as we move into chapter 2 of Mark's Gospel!
We commenced our studies in Mark's Gospel by looking at the opening 13 verses of chapter 1 under the title - "Good News with a Capital J!" We learnt that the good news Mark wants to share with us is all about a person, Jesus Christ.
As he begins his Gospel, Mark wastes no time in introducing us to Jesus...
- Jesus Anticipated (by the Old Testament Prophets)
- Jesus Announced (by John the Baptist)
- Jesus Authenticated (by God through His baptism in the River Jordan and through His victory over Satan in the wilderness)
😃 Come and Join Us!
This Sunday we're starting a new series of talks following the story of Jesus through the Gospel of Mark. If you want to learn more about who Jesus Christ is, why He came to earth, what He can do for you, and what it means to follow Him, these talks are especially for you!
⏰ 7.00 - 7.45pm every Sunday
📍 @Robert Douglas Memorial Institute, Abbey Road, Scone
☕️🍪 Grab a drink, enjoy some chat, and listen to a short, interesting Bible talk
🤗 Everyone's welcome!
SCONE GOOD NEWS @ 7
Last night we looked at the question - "Why are there 4 Gospels in the Bible?"
We noticed that each Gospel account paints a unique portrait of Jesus Christ from a different perspective...
- Matthew presents Jesus as the Sovereign, focussing on His Authority.
- Mark presents Jesus as the Servant, focussing on His Activity.
- Luke presents Jesus as the Saviour, focussing on His Ability.
- John presents Jesus as the Son of God, focussing on His Authenticity.
Next week we'll be starting a new series following the story of Jesus through the Gospel of Mark.
Come and join us next Sunday at 7pm at the RDM Institute in Scone for some refreshments and chat followed by a short Bible talk.
✝️ EASTER EXCLAMATIONS!
Last night in Scone we held a special Easter Sunday Good News @ 7, with an Easter Quiz, Bible Readings and short Easter message.
We thought about 3 Easter Exclamations!
- The Verdict of the People - "Away with Him!"
- The Victory of the Saviour - "It is Finished!"
- The Validation of the Angels - "He is Risen!"
If you're in the area, join us next Sunday at 7pm when we'll be starting a new series of talks! Everyone's welcome! 😀